“A is for Apple, S is for Snacks, Granola Crunchy Apple Stacks!”
So maybe that isn’t how the song goes. Does it matter, if the results are delicious? You can’t tell me you haven’t changed the words to a song or two in your day?!?
Confession time! Right now my husband is laughing at me! He knows I get seriously annoyed when someone sings the wrong words to a song. He will often sing the wrong word just to tease me! I blame it on growing up in community theater. You have to sing the right words, on the right notes, in the right tempo. Yep, it’s the theaters fault and nothing at all to do with my slight perfectionist tendencies! Ha!
OK! Back to the Apple Stacks!
Now that the kids are back in school, you’re back to finding healthy and fun things for them to have as after-school treats. These apple stacks are perfect for munching on while they study (or rehearse their lines!)
Cut a large apple into several horizontal slices and core the seeds from the center of the apple rings.
Cover one side of each slice with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Top the peanut butter with granola and banana slices, alternately.
Stack the slices back together and enjoy! This is a great snack to share at the kitchen table, while you talk over the days events. My kids are no longer in school, but I’m looking forward to the days when I can share a snack with my granddaughter and hear all about her day, and maybe even help her learn the (correct) words to a song!
- Cut the apple into four equal horizontal rings (this includes the bottom and top of the apple)
- Core the seeds from the middle sections of the apple.
- Cover one side of the bottom three apple sections with 1 TBLS each of peanut butter.
- On the bottom section, cover the peanut butter with five banana slices.
- On the middle section, cover the peanut butter with granola.
- On the second middle section, cover the peanut butter with the remaining five banana slices.
- Put the apple back together in one stack, alternating peanut butter banana with peanut butter granola and ending with peanut butter banana and then the top of the apple.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for after-school or eat right away!