A week ago, I started Weight Watchers. Again. Over the years I’ve done the program several times and always lost weight. Unfortunately, the weight always comes back, and usually brings friends! This time, my health is in serious trouble. I can’t go up or down stairs, my chest pounds doing simple chores around the house. Life isn’t easy, on a variety of levels. So, I’m taking steps to fix it. I want to see my grandchildren grow up. I’d like to travel the world, shop for clothes in regular stores and be able to sit in a booth in restaurants again. To help, we’ve started walking for 30 minutes every day after dinner. We’re also eating healthier. Case in point, this easy baked Tilapia recipe. It’s not only filling, it’s flavorful. Big, bold flavors are key here!
I’m acutely aware this is NOT a diet. It’s a “lifestyle” that needs to be established. This means changing daily habits and doing things differently, in order to keep the weight off and maintain the loss. No more uninvited pounds coming back!
If you follow me on Instagram at 365SaraStreet, you may see my weekly weigh-ins posted. Being open and accountable to this process will help me. Maybe it will help someone else too? Who knows! Weigh-in days are Wednesdays, so please look for them. I’ll be sharing healthier recipes here, but not always. This is not a perfect kitchen and I am not a perfect person. I’m sure there will still be days when I want something decadent. Especially with the holidays coming up. But you know what, it’s a balance. It’s all about doing our best, making better choices and on occasion, having a few triple mocha cookies or a few extra potato chips.
This week, is all about better choices. So, we’re making fish and zeroing out the red meat. In this dish, I paired the fish with roasted potatoes and some sliced fresh peppers and tomatoes. I’m not sure how many points it is on program, but I’ll figure it out and update later. Regardless, enjoy the fish and I hope to see you over on Instagram!
Easy Baked Tilapia
- October 8, 2019
- Print this
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, plus zest of the lemon
- 4 (6-ounce each) tilapia fillets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Step 3
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Step 4
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper, to taste and place onto the prepared baking dish.
- Step 5
- Drizzle filets with butter mixture.
- Step 6
- Place into oven and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10-12 minutes.
- Step 7
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional fresh herbs if desired.