This Chai Spiced Cranberry Nut Bread just screams HOLIDAY! With orange zest, tangy bits of fresh cranberries, candied ginger, chopped walnuts and a hearty does of chai flavors, it’s the ideal pairing for your morning coffee or with a hot cup of tea as you relax in front of a roaring fire!
Cranberries are one of my favorite holiday things. During November and December, I make homemade Cranberry Sauce with Pears and fresh Ginger, and Cranberry Orange Rugelach Cookies. This Chai Spiced Cranberry Nut Bread is my new favorite though! I’ll be honest, I ate more than half the loaf all by myself the first time I made it. It’s that good! The bread is moist and goes together so quickly! It doesn’t need a mixer. It takes just two large bowls, a big wooden spoon and you’re good to go. I pulse the fresh cranberries in my food processor, mostly because it’s hard to chop small round objects with my kitchen knife and I really like my fingers.
You may want to make several loaves for gifts, if you can keep from eating it yourself. I don’t have that much will-power. It is especially nice topped with Sparkling Sugared Cranberries. Don’t forget to use candied ginger! It’s the unexpected secret ingredient that takes this quick bread from good to WOW!
Chai Spiced Cranberry Nut Bread
- December 20, 2018
- Print this
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Zest from 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice (from the orange you zested!)
- 3/4 cup Chai Tea Concentrate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup candied ginger pieces, diced
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Step 2
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the whole fresh cranberries and pulse a few times until they are broken into pieces. Measure out the cranberries to be sure you have 1 cup of chopped berries.
- Step 3
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, orange zest, orange juice and chai concentrate. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Add the cranberries, walnuts and candied ginger. Stir one more time to mix.
- Step 4
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the pan and set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 5
- Serve with Sparkling Sugared Cranberries.
Enjoy my friends! Until next time, live life deliciously!