This was my first month participating in Foodie Pen Pals! It’s a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know new people from across the country!
I was paired with Julia from Tampa, Florida. Julia is a reader who just graduated from High School (Hope it was AWESOME!) She has such a passion for food! Through our emails I discovered she’s also a vegetarian and this was her first month participating in Foodie Pen Pals too. I was very excited to get her box in the mail!
FINALLY, I can show you what was inside! Take a peek…
Such a sweet note! I loved how she decorated it!
These were Julia’s Compost Cookies, a sweet-salty mix of coconut and chocolate that disappeared very quickly!
Ghirardelli chocolate, pretzels and cookies! Does my Pen Pal ROCK or what? :-)
I was most excited about the mushroom soup! Julia shared that she thickens it a bit and uses it as a sauce over veggies. Given that my daughter is also a vegetarian, we gave it a try and it was AWESOME!
So where did my Foodie Pen Pal package go? It went to Jilly who blogs over at “My Outside Voice” I thought it was cute that “My Outside Voice” was paired with “My Imperfect Kitchen!” Imagine the things we could share about what happens in our kitchens and inside our heads! LOL! I had so much fun shopping and boxing up Jilly’s package! Follow the link above to check out her blog and see what you think!
How can you get your own foodie pen pal? Foodie Pen Pals is run by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean.
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
1. On the 5th of the month, you will receive your pen pal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your pen pal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
2. You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your pen pal!
3. The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
4. You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
5. Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your pen pal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
This was really fun!! I am looking forward to next month and getting to know two more new people from the foodie universe!!