Dinner is ready!
Don’t you love hearing that? It’s probably my favorite part of the whole day. Especially when I know there is going to be a great meal on my plate! Our dinners are fairly typical. Meat, potatoes or rice, veggies and always, a salad. While I love having salad with dinner, it’s often more fun to find new and exciting things to DO with salad dressings other than just dress our favorite greens. Last month, the wonderful folks at Organic Girl Good Clean Greens were kind enough to send me samples of two of their brand new salad dressings. Not only are their new dressings 100% organic, they’re also 100% delicious!!
First, we tried the Supergreen Dressing, which has kale, parmesan, spinach, herbs and some extra virgin olive oil. If you love Kale, you will love the deep, rich kale flavor in this dressing. First, we tried it tossed over a green salad with some tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and a bit of Feta cheese. It was fabulous, but I wanted more. Using the Supergreen dressing and a bit of Champagne vinegar as a marinade for some bone-in pork chops, wow, oh wow, it took dinner to the next level!
It was so good! I added some roasted sweet potatoes and steamed asparagus and our Kale Marinated Pork Chops were ready!!
I have to be honest with you. The Aged Cheddar Dressing was also a huge hit in our house. So huge, in fact, that our salads for a straight week were dressed with nothing but that incredible dressing. It’s a combination of Aged White Cheddar, green onions, parmesan and sour cream. Simple. Delicious and, as I said before 100% organic. You can’t beat that!
If you’re looking for some great new options for your salads, look in your local grocery stores for Organic Girls brand new line of Salad Dressings! Play around with them and see which one becomes your new favorite!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. Organic Girl sent me products to try and all opinions are 100% my own.
- 1 cup Supergreens Salad Dressing by Organic Girl
- 2 TBLS Champagne Vinegar
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 Bone-in Porterhouse Loin Pork Chops (approx ¾ inch thick)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Supergreens Dressing, Champagne Vinegar and pepper.
- Place pork chops in a gallon size resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over the chops and seal bag.
- Allow meat to marinade in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Grill over medium heat for about 6 minutes per side, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature between 145 – 160 degrees F.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes for the juices to redistribute.
- Serve warm