It’s not easy to live with a food blogger. Sometimes you have to wait for dinner because we’re taking pictures. Sometimes, you get dinner for lunch because the lighting is better (and we’re taking pictures!) Sometimes you have to eat stuff you don’t really like, because we’re trying something “different” on our blog. It’s worse when it’s something you don’t like AND it’s cold because we’ve been taking pictures. No, life is not easy with a food blogger. But then, sometimes your favorite food blogger makes something you love! Which makes waiting for all those pictures, a bit more bearable. These Mixed Berry Hand Pies are for the people in my life who put up with me on a daily basis! Thank you for waiting. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for eating!
I have these lovely little hand pie cutters that were a gift from a friend! (Thank you Nancy!) The top has a beautiful lattice and the base is plain scallops.
I used both sides, but for half I made double bases, then cut little slits in the tops of one side, so they were easier to pick up and go!
The nice thing about this recipe is you can mix the berries or use a single favorite. Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, anything! My hand pies were a mix of blackberries, strawberries and raspberries!
Just a scant few teaspoons of the cooked berries in the middle of your bottom crust, brushed with a bit of egg wash and you’re ready to go!
The tops get brushed with the remaining egg wash and sprinkled with raw sugar. Don’t they look pretty?
I would have a finished, pretty picture, but I did promise my favorite people they could eat their pies while they were warm! Since these mixed berry hand pies were for them, it seemed only fair to let them eat without all those pictures! This is the best shot I was able to get today and since they’re gone now, I’m guessing they were pretty good! Enjoy!
The Sunday Supper family got together around their own tables to create a great list of both sweet and savory pies for their favorite people! Enjoy these delicious links!
Sweet As Pie
- Apple Browned Butter Tart by The Chef Next Door
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Chicken Tamale Pie from Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Until next time friends! What’s YOUR favorite kind of pie? Tell me in the comments below!