Hi friends! This year the holidays will be completely different at our house. None of our kids live at home anymore. The grandkids are a state away and I haven’t had the energy or desire to decorate the house. Normally we have Halloween decor up, I get out all my Halloween mugs, spooky spider webs, jack-o-lanterns etc. Even holiday baking, especially Halloween baking hasn’t sounded fun this year. Well! It’s time to get out of THAT funk! The house may be empty, but that doesn’t mean I can’t whip up a batch of this Peanut Butter Whiskey Caramel Popcorn, throw on my slippers and watch a scary movie! Full disclosure, when I say “scary” movie, I mean Hocus Pocus, I can’t handle actual horror movies.
Bonus! Since the house IS empty I don’t have to share the popcorn! Ohhhh! If that’s the case, let’s make this a grownup version of caramel corn, shall we?
This is nothing fancy about this recipe, except we’re going to jazz it up a bit with some Peanut Butter Whiskey. Yes, you heard me correctly. Peanut Butter Whiskey. The whiskey is from Skrewball and I had my first taste of it at my sons wedding back in April. It’s smooth and delicious and tastes just like peanut butter. Dangerous stuff indeed! Since then, I’ve been
plotting trying different recipes. It’s scrumptious in chocolate cake, as you may imagine. Brownies. Peanut butter frosting too! However, this Peanut Butter Whiskey Caramel Popcorn is the hands down winner! And I’m not just saying that because it’s my fourth batch in the last few weeks.
I love the sweet crunch of caramel corn. Adding Skrewball Whiskey, is just an added bonus. You can also add a 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter if you want a more pronounced peanut butter flavor, but I like this recipe just the way it is!
Peanut Butter Whiskey Caramel Popcorn
- October 1, 2019
- 6 - 1 cup servings Servings
- Print this
- 6 cups popped unflavored popcorn (from about 1/3 cup kernels)
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup Skewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Step 3
- Pop the popcorn and transfer it to large bowl.
- Step 4
- Heat butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Step 5
- Once the mix comes to a boil, continue cooking/simmering for 5 minutes.
- Step 6
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and whiskey. Be careful as the mix will spatter when you add the whiskey. Stir well.
- Step 7
- Immediately pour the whiskey mixture over the popcorn in the bowl.
- Step 8
- Use a rubber spatula to stir until the popcorn is evenly coated. Transfer the coated popcorn to the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out into a single, even layer.
- Step 9
- Bake popcorn for 15 minutes. Stir well and rotate the pan in the oven. Continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Step 10
- Remove from the oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Step 11
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
What would you make with Peanut Butter Whiskey? I’d love to how you would use it!
Till next time, friends. Live life deliciously!