What happens when you put these…
Then toss it with these?
I’ll tell you what you get! One of the easiest snack mixes ever! :-) Pretzels, Popcorn and Goldfish!
Tonight is bowling night, so of course, I had to make snacks! I know, it’s a shock I’m not making a layered bar with some type of chocolate/caramel/peanut butter/chocolate. I don’t know… this recipe just called to me! The conversation went something like this..
Snack Mix: Sara?
Snack Mix: You haven’t made me in a long time. Don’t you want something new for bowling snacks?
Me: Well, I have been craving something savory.
Snack Mix: Oh! Oh! I’m perfect! MAKE ME! MAKE ME!
So I did.
I’m such a pushover.
This is a loose adaptation of a recipe called Ranch Pretzels and Goldfish. I added popcorn and changed some of the seasonings. It’s easy to toss together and makes a HUGE amount! Seriously, enough to feed a small army – or perhaps a hungry bowling league. :-)
Pretzels, Popcorn and Goldfish!
1/2 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil (I used Orville Redenbachers!)
1 – 1 oz package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp Lemon pepper
1 tsp Chili powder
6 cups pretzels sticks
1 – 16 oz pack goldfish crackers
1 bag of your favorite microwave popcorn
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Sitr the popcorn oil, ranch dressing mix, Lemon pepper and Chili powder together in a large bowl. It’s going to look like salad dressing. Add the pretzels and fish crackers, stir to coat evenly. Spread the mix onto two jelly roll pans.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once until lightly toasted. Transfer mix to a flat surface lined with waxed paper to cool.
4. Microwave the popcorn. When the popcorn is done, dump it into a big bowl and while it’s still warm, toss with the parmesan cheese!
5. Combine the cooled pretzels and crackers with the popcorn in the bowl. Toss the entire mixture, stirring gently to coat everything.