I love pancakes! Yep, I am a certified “pancake person!” Why? Well, pancakes are versatile. You can make them savory or sweet. They are easy to put together and you can have them for any meal of the day. Seriously, pancakes for dinner are amazing! If you haven’t tried that yet, you should! Thin the batter out a little bit and you’ve got crepes. Ohhhh pumpkin crepes? Hmmmm… I may need to try that next!
Since the Fall baking season is here, I thought pumpkin pancakes would be a great way to start a cozy, Fall Saturday morning! I hit the Google airways and the minute I saw this recipe, I knew it was perfect! These pumpkin pancakes are a delightful balance of traditional pumpkin pie flavors and pancakey goodness! Pancakey? Is that even a word? You get the idea, right?
If you follow along on Facebook or Instagram, you know I am blessed to watch my granddaughter a few days a week. She is my official toddler taste-tester! I’m not sure how much you can trust a 14 month old palate, but she does her best. Since she has little fingers and a little tummy, we made little pumpkin pancakes.
I used a one Tablespoon scoop to measure out these mini pancakes. Nine of them fit very nicely across my 12 inch griddle. Plus, they’re so cute! Obviously nine pancakes is too many for a toddler, but they freeze really well! One batch will keep you in pumpkin pancake goodness for quite a while!
The baby likes to eat pancakes plain, straight off the plate, with maybe just a bit of butter. She gets that from me. That’s how I like them too! Of course, for those who like their pancakes a little sweeter, you can add toasted pecans and maple syrup! Pumpkin Pancake Perfection!
We’re big on warm breakfasts when it’s cold outside and I’m looking forward to having plenty more of these pumpkin pancakes this year! What about you?
Perfect Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TBLS brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg
- 2 TBLS vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until completely incorporated.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- For each pancake, pour approx. 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form around the edges. Turn pancakes; cook about 2 minutes longer or until golden brown on the bottom.
What’s your favorite Fall Breakfast Treat? I’d love to hear about it! Drop me a line or leave a comment below! Enjoy your Pumpkin Pancakes!
Recipe via Brown-Eyed Baker, via 2 Peas & Their Pod!