Hi friends! Today, the Mini’s and I had mushrooms! Specifically Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA Mushrooms from Giorgio. Ok, there were other things too, like a bit of tomato sauce, some Chicken Italian Sausage and pan-fried slices of polenta, but mostly, it was all about the mushrooms. Mushrooms are a great addition to any meal. Not only are they delicious, but they have some pretty awesome nutritional benefits too. They’re low in calories and sodium and they’re fat free and cholesterol free!
This post is part of the BLENDABELLA recipe challenge. Giorgio’s provided samples of their products to use in creating this recipe and all opinions are 100% my own.
This was my first time trying Giorgio’s BLENDABELLA mushrooms and I have to say, they’re quite tasty! There are three different flavor options: Zesty Mexican, Coconut Thai, and Rustic Tuscan. I chose the Rustic Tuscan for this dish. This flavor blend consists of diced portobello mushrooms, onions, green peppers, red peppers, garbanzo beans, sun-dried tomatoes and carrots, with garlic, rosemary, oregano, basil and parmesan cheese. How could you possibly go wrong with those amazing flavors?
Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA Mushroom Ragu
- September 13, 2018
- 4 Servings
- Print this
- 1 (12-oz jar) Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA mix
- 1 (8-oz can) tomato sauce
- 2 Chicken Italian Sausages, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chub prepared polenta, cut into 1/2
- Step 1
- Combine the Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA mixture with the tomato sauce In a small saucepan, over medium heat. Turn to low and allow to simmer while you cook the sausage and polenta. Stir often so the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Step 2
- Cut chicken sausages into coins, set aside.
- Step 3
- In a cast-iron pan, melt butter over medium high heat. When the butter is melted and sizzling, add polenta slices and slices of sausages to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side for the polenta and 1-2 minutes per side for the sausages or until each side is golden brown. Remove from pan to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Step 4
- Add the cooked sausage to the BLENDABELLA mix and stir to combine.
- Step 5
- Equally divide the polenta slices on 4 serving plates.
- Step 6
- Distribute the BLENDABELLA sauce over the polenta.
- Step 7
- Top each plate with 2 tablespoons of shredded parmesan and serve immediately.
Are you a mushroom lover too? If so, I think you’ll really enjoy this recipe! Along with the Rustic Tuscan flavor, there is a Zesty Mexican flavor I can’t wait to try in a quesadilla, as well as a Coconut Thai flavor blend that I’m 100% certain will be fabulous in a creamy curry soup! Want to try some for yourself?
You can purchase BLENDABELLA online at: https://giorgio-foods.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage
Check out all of BLENDABELLA social media links and their website for even more awesome recipes:
Till next time, friends! Live life deliciously!