Can you believe we’re almost in the middle of July? And as you may know, July is National burger month! Two years ago, my husband and I spent the summer going to one new burger place a week, trying to find our favorite local burger joint. That was a delicious summer! (And Connel’s was our favorite burger place.) This week, I was craving that big burger flavor, but wanted something without the big burger calories. I also had a few jars of Not Ketchup in the pantry that I’ve been wanting to try. The two seemed to go together perfectly! So dinner became a healthy salmon burger, topped with Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup!
These easy salmon burgers have just five ingredients and go together very quickly. A pound of salmon, skinned and chopped makes the base, while some diced red onion, basil and a bit of grated parmesan help hold everything together. See, easy! A nice light summer meal is just minutes away. Topped with Not Ketchup Blueberry White Pepper only makes these burgers that much better!
Wait? What’s Not Ketchup, you ask? Not Ketchup is a gourmet dipping sauce made with seasonal fruits. Bursting with cider vinegar and savory spices, Not Ketchup isn’t sweet, but rather a tangy, exotic, unexpected twist on your standard tomato ketchup. And every flavor is delicious!
I met the owner and developer of Not Ketchup at Camp Blogaway this year! A bottle of Not Ketchup was in our swag bags so each camper could take some home too! Erika is working hard to spread the word about this tasty new condiment and I think you’re going to love them! There are four flavors: Cherry Chipotle, Smoky Date, Spiced Fig and (my favorite) Blueberry White Pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon with the red onion, basil, parmesan, salt and white pepper.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white just until frothy.
- Pour egg white over salmon mixture and stir well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into four equal ½ inch thick patties.
- Season with a bit more salt and white pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray skillet well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook salmon patties over medium high heat for approx. 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 2 TBLS of Not Ketchup Blueberry White Pepper on top of each patty.
- Serve on toasted whole wheat buns with your favorite toppings!
Salmon burger recipe inspired by Cooking Light Magazine
Would you like to try these awesome new dipping sauces for yourself? You can! Just enter below the recipe for a chance to win a four pack (one of each flavor) of Not Ketchup! Good luck and happy dipping!