Hi friends! We’re nearly a week into November and I’m already dreaming about Thanksgiving. Are you? We always have a big turkey, cheesy smashed potatoes and oyster dressing. Those are traditional. The rest of the meal however, is always changing. As we’ve welcomed more people into our family, they’ve brought their favorite dishes. I like trying new things too! Today for #SundaySupper “Best Holiday Side Dishes,” I’m sharing Stacked Sweet Potatoes.
I love sweet potatoes. Both the white, firmer sweet potatoes I used here and the orange sweet potatoes, most commonly used during the holidays. Did I mention, they’re drizzled in butter that’s been browned with garlic and sage leaves? That alone will make your house smell like Thanksgiving! Mmmm… browned butter… Excuse me, I may need to go lie down.
Ok, I’m back! Browned butter gets me every time! It’s swoon-worthy, seriously.
I’m sure I told you about the parmesan cheese. I did, right? No? Shame on me! Not only do these Stacked Sweet Potatoes have browned butter, they get topped with parmesan cheese too. Put under the broiler just before serving, the cheese gets crispy and bubbly on top! Who doesn’t love crispy cheese? It’s nearing a trifecta of happiness for me here. Browned butter, crispy cheese and sweet potatoes. Oh yeah!
Can you picture these cute little Stacked Sweet Potatoes on your Thanksgiving plate? I can totally see it.
The next few weeks better go quickly. I’m ready for Thanksgiving in a big way!
Another great thing about these Stacked Sweet Potatoes? With just three potatoes, I had enough slices for 12 servings, plus leftover ends for roasting with more vegetables! That’s a win in my book! Try these yourself and see if they don’t become a family favorite!
Hungry for more Holiday Side Dishes? Here are over 40 recipes from the #SundaySupper Taste Makers! Several of these will be taking their place at my table this year!
This event is being hosted by Caroline Williams from Caroline’s Cooking! Thank you Caroline for all your hard work putting together this amazing collection of dishes!
Fruity Side Dishes
- Cranberry Apple Relish by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Pineapple Bake by This is How I Cook
- Pecan Cranberry Jello Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Side Dishes
- Chestnut Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Mushroom Rice Pilaf by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Potato Dinner Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
Potato Side Dishes
- Gingered Sweet Potatoes by Simple and Savory
- Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes by Cookin’ Mimi
- Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Red Potatoes by Food Done Light
- Southern Praline Sweet Potato Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Southwestern Potato Bake by The Freshman Cook
- Stacked Sweet Potatoes by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sweet Potatoes with Cumin Sage Butter by Cooking Chat
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Acorn Squash and Brussel Sprout Side Dish by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts by The Crumby Cupcake
- Braised Red Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candied Acorn Squash by Cricket’s Confections
- Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- German Green Bean Salad (Bohnensalat) by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole by Family Around The Table
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Miso Glazed Corn by NinjaBaker.com
- Pan Roasted Carrots with Apple Molasses by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Cranberries by The Chef Next Door
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Walnut Pesto by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Onions with Parsley Pesto by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Parsnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary by Wholistic Woman
- Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme by Feeding Big
- Spicy Balsamic Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Corn Pudding by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
What’s your favorite holiday side dish? I’d love to hear all about it. Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time, friends! Live life deliciously!