Strawberries. Cheesecake. Ice Cream. Sounds like a great combination to me!
A few weeks ago, my 40+ week pregnant daughter said she was craving strawberry cheesecake and ice cream. As her mom, and a certified food lover (It’s true, I have a card and everything!) I felt it was my duty to help her satisfy those cravings. Plus, I know better than to argue with a woman who is four days past her due date!
Besides satisfying late-term pregnancy cravings, another great thing about this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe? No ice cream maker required! It’s a small batch recipe, so it only makes two quarts but it is going to disappear quickly. You might want to double the recipe.
Crazy versatile, you can make this with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches or even mangos. Mix and match too. A double berry cheesecake ice cream would be delicious!
Happily, the ice cream was a hit! Since then, our granddaughter arrived! Little Harley was born July 5th, and she is our pride and joy!
Cute, right? I bet when she gets older she’s going to like ice cream too! :-) I hope you love this ice cream as much as I love this little face!
- In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, melted cream cheese and butter.
- Set aside.
- In a blender, or food processor puree 1 cup of the diced strawberries.
- Add pureed strawberries to the milk mixture and stir to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Combine whipped cream with milk mixture and fold gently until combined.
- Add remaining ½ cup finely diced strawberries and crushed graham crackers. Stir just once or twice to create a nice swirl.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart container with a lid
- Cover with plastic wrap, then cover with lid and freeze for 6 hours.