Hi friends! Ohhhh I am in-love with this glorious Zucchini Tart! Earlier this year, I was blessed to go on a Farm Tour with Baloian Farms (you may remember I used their Eggplant to make a recipe from my latest cookbook.) They have Savory Sauté Squash Kits, which include squash and a seasoning pack mix. There is a Red Bell Pepper and Garlic Kit as well as a Parmesan and Garlic Kit. Honestly, those kits were the inspiration for this recipe. Parmesan and Garlic is a classic combination! Really, how can you go wrong with cheese and garlic? Answer: you can’t! Plus, let’s be honest, puff pastry is a delightful miracle in itself. Why not use the best of summer and put them all together?
You’ll definitely want to slice your zucchini extra thin for this recipe, so I suggest a mandoline if you have one. Just be careful! Those things have sharp blades. (She says from experience and a few scars to prove it.)
You can enjoy this tart as an appetizer or as a light summer dinner. Add a nice glass of wine and a salad and you’re all set!
Zucchini Tart with Puff Pastry
- August 19, 2019
- Print this
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-3 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2-4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp hot chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Step 2
- Carefully unfold one sheet of puff pastry and place it on parchment lined baking sheet. Gently roll it out until you have a rectangle that’s about 10 inches by 12 inches. Score a 1/4 inch border around edges of pastry, prick all over the inside of the scores with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. If any of the center section puffs up just press down on it with the back of a spoon.
- Step 3
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, parmesan, lemon zest, garlic cloves and thyme.
- Step 4
- Spread cheese mixture thinly over warm pastry. Top the cream cheese with zucchini slices, overlapping them slightly. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with chili flakes and salt.
- Step 5
- Bake for another 20 minutes, until zucchini are cooked through and pastry is a nice golden brown and has puffed up on the edges.
- Step 6
- Cut into slices and serve.