Ohhh my friends!
Hello! Welcome to this edition of “The Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe On The Planet.”
There are always bananas in our house. I buy them weekly. Most of the time they go on yogurt, or get sliced into a bowl of Cheerios, but if I’m really lucky (or lazy) the bananas get very ripe and must be put into Banana Nut Bread. It’s not an option, but a requirement. Over the years, I’ve made several variations of Banana Bread: California Fig Banana Bread, Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins and the popular Boozy Banana Bread. This recipe, however, puts them all to shame.
I mean, just LOOK at it! A dense, moist crumb full of nuts and chocolate chips. This bread is not going to make it to the “healthy, good for you, banana bread” list, but it will disappear very quickly and everyone is going to ask you for the recipe.
Banana Nut Bread
- March 24, 2020
- Print this
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups mashed, overripe bananas
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Grease and flour two 9×5 loaf pans, set aside.
- Step 3
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Step 4
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the bananas and eggs. The batter will look gritty and broken, that’s ok! Add the cinnamon and vanilla bean paste, beating until just combined. Add the flour mixture all at once and again, beat until just combined. You don’t want to overwork this batter. Stir in the walnut pieces and chocolate chunks.
- Step 5
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Step 6
- Bake for 50-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate for 2 hours or more before serving!
Side note: This bread is very moist, but is also excellent toasted and spread with a bit of butter! Ohh baby! See the “not going to make it to the healthy list” note above. Enjoy my friends! I hope you love this current variation as much as I do!