Today, we are breaking out the grill in celebration of warm weather and spending Sunday afternoons outside with our family! The menu today is grilled corn with herb butter and some simple grilled salmon! Since the grill was hot, we added some chicken to use for easy meals throughout the week. If you ask me though, the star of the show is the corn. It’s probably because of the butter. Butter and I are friends. BFF’s actually. Butter makes everything better! Amiright?
Grilled Corn with Herb Butter is the perfect side dish for all your Summer Barbecue meals. It’s easy to do, super tasty, and cleanup is a breeze! Grilled Corn is especially delicious when you add butter, herbs and spices to the corn before grilling it. The herbs and spices liven up the flavors and add an interesting spin on basic roasted corn.
We start with regular ears of corn, husked and both ends trimmed. We’re going to slather it in herb butter, add some salt and generous amounts of pepper, wrap it in foil and toss it on the grill for 15-20 minutes.
Did I mention butter and I are friends? #notashamed
Grilled Corn with Herb Butter for #SundaySupper
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove minced finely
- 2 Tablespoons mixed fresh herbs minced (I used thyme, oregano and parsley - but feel free to create your own blend!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 ears of corn husked, ends trimmed
- Using a charcoal grill, create a medium-high fire (If you have a gas grill, heat it to high)
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and minced garlic.
- Add herb mixture and salt to the butter. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Place corn cobs in a pot of cold water for approximately 20 minutes. Be sure the ears are completely covered with water. This gives extra moisture and will steam the corn kernels inside the aluminum foil.
- After 20 minutes, remove the corn from the water and shake off any excess water.
- Tear off squares of aluminum foil and place ears of corn diagonally in the center of each square of aluminum foil.
- Liberally coat the corn in herb butter and sprinkle freshly cracked pepper over each cob.
- Roll the aluminum foil around each ear of corn and close it up by folding in the ends. (Just like you'd wrap a burrito!)
- Place prepared ears of corn on the grill,
- Allow the corn cook about 15 to 20 minutes. Be sure to rotate the corn every so often.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Be careful! Wear oven mitts as the corn will be very hot!
- Once the corn is cooked, remove the aluminum foil and discard.
- Serve your grilled corn with more herb butter and enjoy!
- *Watch the corn carefully! If you overcook it, it will become mushy and nobody likes mushy corn!
Dinner is served!
The Sunday Supper family is gathering around their own BBQ’s to bring you plenty of inspired dishes to throw on the barbie! Big thanks to Sue from A Palatable Pastime for being a wonderful hostess for todays roundup!
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Let’s Get This BBQ Started!
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
The Main Event
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Wing Burger by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Greek Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
On a Side Note
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Artichokes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
Saucy Sentiments and Rebellious Rubs
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Grilled Banana Boats by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement