Hi friends! A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to share about electric pressure cookers with a group of Los Angeles based food bloggers. It was a great class. One recipe I brought to share were these Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders. Nearly as simple as easy weeknight Spaghetti and Meatballs, these sliders are great to feed a crowd of hungry kids, or feed your friends while watching the game! (And by “game” I mean HOCKEY! What other sport is there this time of year? ;-))
Want to know a secret? I was nervous about this class! There were less people there than my regular cooking classes, but this was a group of my friends. Together, there was over 100 years of food experience in that house. Not kidding! That’s intimidating. Plus, I was trying to condense three classes into one. Newsflash: don’t do that. It was too much information to pass along in such a short amount of time. Lesson learned! I brought five different pressure cookers (yes, FIVE! I may have a pressure cooker problem…) to share and discuss.
Even though I was nervous, everyone was so kind and they asked great questions! I love that! My heart is definitely in teaching. The other recipes I brought to share were Hummus and Instant Pot Yogurt. Oh did I mention? Everyone brought something to eat after class. We had a lovely lunch together! But, you can’t have an Instant Pot class and just bring food, so I demonstrated how to make these BBQ Chicken sliders!
They are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner (or to feed over a dozen food bloggers). Sweet tangy bbq sauce with the addition of liquid smoke mimics the flavor of cooking over the grill. Add homemade coleslaw and pickle slices to the your sliders and serve with extra bbq sauce and carrots sticks for a complete and tasty meal.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- August 26, 2018
- Print this
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided, plus more for serving.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 large onion quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 sandwich rolls, toasted
- Step 1
- In the pressure cooker pot, stir together 1 cup BBQ sauce, the water and liquid smoke. Add the onion, garlic and chicken breasts. Lock the lid in place. Select hight pressure and cook for 6 minutes.
- Step 2
- When the time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 mins and finish with a quick release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred it with two forks. Strain the cooking liquid, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Step 3
- Return the chicken to the cooking pot and add the remaining 1 cup BBQ sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Stir to combine. Select simmer/saute and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Serve on toasted rolls topped with more BBQ sauce.
This is another recipe to that will be done, start to finish in just over 30 minutes. Make the coleslaw while the chicken is cooking and you’ll be ready to sit down with your friends and family, enjoying conversations around the dinner table together in no time!
Big thanks to the Food Bloggers Los Angeles group for being so welcoming and to Yakir Levy for sharing his photos of the event. I am looking forward to the next time!
Are you looking for more Instant Pot Ideas? My book is available on Amazon for pre-order! Even if you aren’t gluten-free, you’ll enjoy these recipes!
From hearty breakfast dishes like Creamy Poblano Frittata or Caribbean Breakfast Burritos, through substantial and warming soups like a Creamy and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup or a Pumpkin Black Bean Chili, and crowd-pleasing dinner dishes like Mom’s Old-Fashioned Pot Roast, Gluten-Free Lasagna with Meat Sauce, and Pork Tenderloin Marsala with Wheat-Free Pasta, these are spectacular recipes that cook up lightning-fast in the electric pressure cooker.
The Instant Pot is also a surprisingly powerful tool for making desserts, and the offerings here—all completely gluten-free—include Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding, New York Style Cheesecake, Double Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake, and a scrumptious Mexican Chocolate Pound Cake.
Add the power and convenience of the Instant Pot to your gluten-free diet with The Gluten-Free Instant Pot Cookbook.
Until next time, friends! Live life deliciously!