This is my favorite season of the year! The flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing and I have tomato plants happily growing in my garden! It’s a beautiful thing!
Do you know what else I love about Spring? We start eating lighter. Don’t get me wrong. I love comfort food. Hearty casseroles and thick, rich soups are a staple in our house during the winter. (Or at least what passes for “Winter” here in Southern California!) For some reason though, around this time of year, my body starts craving fresh veggies and simpler dishes. And, really, there is nothing simpler than this dish!
Pesto, Shrimp and Zoodles, toss in a few grape tomatoes and you’re done. That’s it! Four simple ingredients and one fantastic dish to welcome in Spring!
If you’re not familiar with Zoodles, basically, it’s Zuchinni or any kind of squash, spiralized into noodles. Pretty cool, huh? They make fancy spiralizers (Mothers Day is coming up! Great gift idea for Mom, kids!) or you can use a little hand-held model.
I love them! My husband however, is not a fan. So, I make them for lunches during the week! They’re healthy and easy to make, plus one small zucchini is more than enough for several meals.
If you don’t want to add the shrimp, toss this with a few more veggies and it’s a beautiful vegetarian meal! Ahhh spring veggies! There is nothing better!
Pesto, Shrimp and Zoodles! #SundaySupper
- 1/2 small zucchini - spiralized
- 1/2 small yellow squash - spiralized
- 12 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Pesto Sauce
- 1 dozen extra-large Shrimp 16-20's
- In a large bowl, toss spiralized zucchini and squash with grape tomatoes and pesto until well coated. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, cook shrimp over medium flame for 2 minutes per side.
- Allow shrimp to cool slightly.
- Divide zoodle and tomato mixture evenly between two plates. Top Zoodles with Shrimp and serve!
If you’re looking for more Spring recipe inspiration, look no further than this fantastic round-up of recipes from the Sunday Supper family! So say hello to Spring and a smorgasbord of fantastic Spring appetizers, breakfasts, cocktails, main dishes, side dishes and desserts!
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Tell me your favorite Spring recipe in the comments below! I’d love to hear all about it!