School is back in session! For a lot of families that means returning to busy schedules and the need for quick, healthy dinners. This Margherita Pizza has hidden veggies and goes together in under 30 minutes. It will take even less time to become one of your family favorites!
I used store-bought pizza crust and sauce!
Then, I topped the sauce with plenty of Fresh Greens and Herbs from Organic Girl Good Clean Greens!
You may be thinking, pizza and mixed greens? I understand spinach, but greens? Yes! Greens and herbs! Let me tell you, they bring great flavor to the pizza. The arugula adds a zesty, slightly spicy spin and the herbs bring out the savory pop of the cherry tomatoes! After slicing the baby heirloom tomatoes, I added thinly sliced, fresh mozzarella cheese. You can even Julienne more of the mixed greens to sprinkle over the top.
Sprinkle with a little oregano and crushed red pepper flakes and you’re ready to bake!
My pizza took just 10 minutes at 450 degrees. That’s what I call a quick and easy meal!
The kids aren’t even going to notice the greens hiding under the warm, gooey cheese! My sons devoured this pizza. I was lucky to get pictures before everything was gone! I’m betting your kids will do the same!! Enjoy!
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread prepared sauce over pizza crust
- Spread greens (minus the ones you’ll use for garnish) across the top of the sauce
- Layer slices of mozzarella over the greens, being careful not to overlap the edges of the cheese.
- Add slices of tomatoes between and on top of the cheese,
- Sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Roll reserved greens into a tight bundle and thinly slice. Scatter slices across the top of the pizza for additional garnish.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.