Hi friends! Do you have picky eaters at home? My daughter was very picky. When she was growing up, finding things for her to eat was a challenge. The Sunday Supper Tastemakers had the same problem! They asked: What’s the best way to sneak veggies in to your picky eaters diet? Thankfully, I get to share all their best kid friendly veggie recipes, including this Salad On A Stick! It’s not hiding any of the vegetables, but making them more fun for kids to eat!
The kids or grandkids can help assemble these, which means they’re more likely to eat it. I cut iceberg lettuce into thick slices, then cut the slices into squares. I added baby heirloom tomatoes, slices of mini cucumbers, mushrooms, and slices of celery alternately on the skewers. They were served with a side of homemade ranch dressing to dip. Easy, peasy!
Feel free to use your favorite ingredients. Get creative! Add olives and chicken pieces. Even chunks of cheese would be fun to add to your Salad On A Stick.
Check out all these other amazing recipes! Big thanks to Anne from Simple and Savory for hosting this kid-friendly veggie event!
Sure wish I had this list when my daughter was growing up!
Sunday Supper Kid Friendly Vegetable Recipes
- Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Kid Sized Smoothies by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Potato Crust Quiche by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Muffins with Veggie Cream Cheese by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken and Broccoli Shells and Cheese by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Eat Your Veggies Beef Tacos by Simple and Savory
- Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce for Orange Orzo by Caroline’s Cooking
- Veggie Ramen by NinjaBaker.com
- Broccoli Tots by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Cauliflower by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Kid-Friendly Baked Potato Fries by Hardly A Goddess
- Salad on a Stick by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Zuppa di Ravioli by Gourmet Everyday
- Dairy Free Veggie Ice Pops by Our Good Life
- Healthy Homemade Taquitos by Cricket’s Confections
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies by A Mind Full Mom
- Veggie Egg Rolls by My Savory Spoon
For even more kid friendly vegetables check out these Vegetable Recipes for Picky Eaters by The Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.