Are you looking for new and unusual ways to have grapes this summer? I’ve got you covered! This easy Savory Grape Dressing will dress your favorite summer salad deliciously. It pairs perfectly with spinach and a variety of other greens and herbs. This is one of the recipes I demonstrated on the OC Promenade Culinary Stage at the Orange County Fair this year. Everything comes together in a blender and you simply stir in fresh herbs at the end. Simple!
The salad under this Savory Dressing was a combination of herbs and greens, topped with Fresh Strawberries, Jelly Drop Grapes, Assorted Muscato Grapes, Cherry Tomatoes, Feta Cheese and Toasted Walnuts. The grape dressing really pulls it all together though. The addition of Tarragon brings an earthiness to what otherwise would be a sweet dressing. Since this dressing doesn’t contain any vinegar or acid, the herbs are especially important!
Easy Savory Grape Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red or black Muscato Grapes I used Melissa's Produce Red Muscato Grapes
- 3 TBLS grapeseed oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 TBLS chopped Fresh Tarragon
- Combine first four ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chopped Tarragon.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Salad dressing will keep well in the refrigerator for up to three days.
For more recipes from the OC Fair, click here: Creamy Grape Salad with Candied Walnuts and stay tuned for all the delicious peach recipes coming from the other two OC Fair Demos!