This Strawberry Pretzel Pie takes me straight back to childhood church potlucks at Grandma’s house. Someone always, and I do mean always brought Jello. Whether it was Jello pie, Jello cake, Jello Salad (made with Cola!) or just a fancy Jello mold with chopped fruit and nuts in it. This was the 70’s after all. Jello was practically it’s own food group. Can I just mention, this was before the “Jello Jiggler” craze too. Suddenly I feel very old.
I haven’t made Jello in a long time. Two years ago I made Sea Glass Jello and that was fun! Since then, though… nothing. I’m not sure why.
When I was thinking about #SundaySupper and our favorite Potluck recipes, this Strawberry Pretzel Pie kept sneaking to the edges of my mind. Perhaps because it reminds me of my Grandma and being a new grandma myself is making me nostalgic for simpler times. The big church potlucks, hot summer afternoons, people gathered around tables and tables full of food, everyone laughing, sharing stories and enjoying each others company! I miss that.
You can bet we’ll be making this over and over again the summer. If for no other reason than to celebrate Grandmas and potlucks and the by-gone age when Jello was a thing!
A few notes on this recipe: After I stirred the frozen berries and they were thawed, I took them out of the Jello and arranged them on top of the cream cheese before pouring the rest of the Jello over it. This would have been great if the strawberries were completely submerged in the Jello, but some of mine were too large and were poking out of the top of the Jello pie. Not the prettiest thing, so use strawberry slices and save yourself the trouble! It will still look gorgeous! I promise!
Ready for more delicious recipes? The Sunday Supper family (hosted this week by T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley Thank you T.R.!) is bringing their own favorite Summer Potluck dishes to the table! So gather ’round! Let’s swap stories and share some really good food together!
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Do you have a favorite Potluck or a favorite Jello recipe? Tell me about it in the comments below!